Blog #1 : Topics for Consideration

I've had quite a bit of trouble trying to pick only one topic to focus on and as I kept researching more topics, I found even more fascinating topics to choose from. My first initial thought was to pick the Bermuda Triangle, but after researching more topics I realized that there are other topics I find more fascinating. While the Bermuda Triangle is well-known and interesting, I have read multiple articles explaining that scientists believe that there was no mystery to begin with. Many say that the reason for the high number of disappearances is due to bad weather conditions and the science behind ocean waves.   


So after removing the Bermuda Triangle off my list of topics, I decided to look at topics that deal with space because I have always been interested in what is beyond our universe and anything that deals with space. I started to look at the theory of a multiverse. A multiverse is a collection of parallel universes or also known as alternate realities. I have always been interested in movies and television shows that portray some sort of multiverse or parallel universe. I do realize that these movies and television shows are fiction and the idea of a multiverse or parallel universe may go against science, but I still think its a cool theory to research. I also feel like this theory can be linked to other theories such as the existence of black holes and  the experience of déjà vu. Other topics I've been considering that deal with space is life on other planets. There's always been a part of me that believes that there must be some other form of life out there that we just haven't fully discovered yet.



Comments

  1. I'm glad you have put the Bermuda Triangle aside, mostly because I have been looking for credible sources on the topic and see they are hard to find - other than a couple books from the 1970s. But "deja vu" is a very interesting topic and has been much researched in psychology. The idea of a "multiverse" also has quite a bit of research, but it is rather abstract and hard to explain. But most everyone has experienced deja vu at least once. So that sounds like a good topic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. By the way: in discussing the Bermuda Triangle with another student in the class, I have found an interesting angle in talking about it as a myth or folklore. I will send you some of the material that emerged through our exchange on the topic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That said, I do think you would find "deja vu" a much easier path.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Blog #3 : Research Question and 3 Scholarly Sources

Blog #2 : Scouting the Territory